August 08, 2011

Our new theme is...

I have been looking at our living room a lot lately and thinking wow, it really needs a much needed face lift, but that might be slightly out of line considering it was never decorated to begin with, I have never had any inspiration for the massive room.

I was going through my photographs that I have taken over the last couple of months and it hit me, I should use the colors of the peacock to inspire our living room and kitchen. I love the colors of the bird and the feathers. Who does not love the feathers!


Here is a picture I took a couple of weeks ago.


I just had the picture blown up to 24x30 inches and I am going to re-purpose a frame that I used for my bridal portrait when Brian and I got married; almost five years ago.

I could have just used the current frame and matte for the picture, however, I started looking around and decided to go with a different color matte for this picture. I think it will turn out gorgeous. At least I hope so, in my head it looks so beautiful framed. Fingers crossed!

I am going to keep my bridal portrait in the frame in case for some odd reason one day, Emma wants to have a GI-NORM-OUS picture of her mother... hmmm... not highly likely but you never know and prints of that size are costly so I don't just want to just toss it out.

I will post a picture here of the peacock inside its new home once my supplies come in to finish the frame.


2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful picture D!! Can't wait to see the finished product in your living room, while sipping on some sangria and eating bree. Do you see how I just invited myself over! :)
    ~Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you C! I love how you invited yourself over! In need of some lil'C+lil'D time!

    ReplyDelete