September 02, 2010

that is right, I am a dog lover....

One of my coworkers had found this wonderful new restaurant that serves international street food. She sold us all on it at work, so Tuesday we decided to load up and head over there to check it out. The restaurant was truly amazing! Anything that you can buy from a street vendor around the world they serve in this restaurant, and it is truly and completely yummy!

As we were leaving the restaurant that is located in a strip center with no trees, I am backing up my car, and my coworker who is sitting in the passenger seat, yells DOG! I hit the break because I don't know where "DOG" is and await further instruction, followed by a, "what?" The then points to the car beside me and says; "dog!" She then picks up her phone and dials 311. The dog was in a car with the windows cracked the dog is panting like crazy, the windows are not tinted (in my mind this would help, at least a little bit, right)?, the driver of the car is no where to be found and it is 1pm in the afternoon and hot and humid at heck! So my co-worker is on the phone with 311 and she is routed to 911. The operator with 911 is asking all the questions about the car, after we finish giving all the car details this man emerges from somewhere out of the strip mall, walking very briskly over to me and yells "is there a problem?" I respond yes, your dog it is hot! Co-worker tells the operator the owner has arrived at the car. He proceeds to yell at me saying he loves his dog, and he hates people like me! People LIKE me! DUDE! We have been out here for five minutes in the heat and your dog has been out in this car for I don't know how long. I am stunned that the man is yelling at me so I get unusually quite, and just keep telling the man that his dog is hot... Why is he not listening to me, co-worker tells operator that it is escalating, operator shushes her, one of my coworkers removes herself from the backseat of my car and escapes to a Car to go... Yep, that is right, passing right past me and crazy man that is yelling at me; she was late for a meeting... OHHHH... ok, she is forgiven...

So, man is very unhappy that I have addresses his dog sitting in the heat in the car; I get it, he is a bit defensive, however, a couple of weeks ago, in the Fry's parking lot a dog died of heat stroke while the man ran in for a "quick" return.

Please under no circumstances leave a dog, or a child in a car, as the police say, "I don't care if it is five minutes for fifteen minutes, Do NOT do it!"

I would do the same again if I ever see it happen again, at least the man will think twice before leaving his poor poochie in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment