March 24, 2011

I just switched stores to one that is green and safe!

I got a phone call from one of my old college roommates last week, Stephanie. She said she had something to talk to my about. To give you a little background, she is an Oceanographer, has two kids, Ben and Eva her husband Chris who is also an Oceanographer and they live in Florida. Last year Steph lost her sister, at a very young age to Cancer. (HATE CANCER!) Ever sense Steph lost her sister she has been on a mission to find products that are better for you and safer for the environment.

I was first worried, and then she started talking. Phew, I can relax. She had been introduced to this green company and she thought I might be interested in the cleaning supplies. She started to tell me about the company and I got really interested. It is a very GREEN company and safe for my daughter... WHAT? Ok, spill it. She said no, really, the cleaners are so safe the company does not have to put child proof caps on the cleaners. And they work! See her blog were she was Leary and test them. Emma is in this stage where she loves to help. And, we spend so much time telling her no, and trying to make her leave it is frustrating, I am sure for her too. It would be nice for Emma to be able to help us and we don't have to worry about her safety. We talked a little bit more about the products, and I was like ok, so what is the catch. She said there really isn't one, you just have to switch the way you shop for these products. The company sells directly to the consumer. I would have to buy a membership (like Costco and Sam's) to be able to buy the products. Ok, damn, how much is the membership, damn-it there is always a catch... She was like, no, it is only a $1 in the month of March. WHA! Seriously? And if I don't like the products I can return them for a refund no questions asked. Ok, I will pay a buck to try the products, I would love to NOT have to tell Emma no all the time when she is wanting to be helpful!

Then she said, you can make money off of telling others about this company as well. Ok? I lost my rear on Arbonne about five years ago, and I have a photography business and I already work full time, plus, I like to sew! The last thing I need is some sort of other part time gig that is going to take time away from my family... She started laughing at me, she was like, WHEN did you sell Arbonne!? HAHA! She continued to laugh at me for a minute and then explained, no it isn't like Arbonne, Mary Kaye, Avon. You simply tell people where you shop. You sell the membership. Um, Steph, I love you but I m not interested in selling anything anymore. Ok, no worries. But I will want those cleaners! She was like, well, I am selling memberships! she is very excited about the company.

Then I started doing a little research... After all what else does a couch ridden gimp have on the daily routine. So, I sent an email to my trainer asking him about Melaleuca, he is a very big believer in eating green and living a green lifestyle. His response, "melaleuca oil is awesome, it has been used for years." That gives me a little bit, I need more information. Lance Armstrong endorses the products. Olympic athletes use the products to keep there body in top performance. Not that I need much to convince me to try something for a dollar... I signed up that night with Stephanie, and I started shopping. EEEK! I get a discount at Target too! WHAT?! Ok, I think this buck to paid for itself! hehe. Also, Best Buy, Apple, Barns and Noble. REALLY??!! Then I found out that this company is endorsed by none other than... the man, Dave.. Yep. Dave Ramsey.

Ok, this membership is to good not to share with my friends and at least share the information with them. So, if you are interested in changing stores, send me an email and lets get you a membership while they are only $1!!! I would love to make a commission just for telling people about a different store that has higher standards. Here is me sharing the information, if you are interested in hearing more let me know.

dbiehle@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment