Sunday night, I was awaken many times to the cries from Emma. She was in so much pain, her poor belly was still really torn up and still having the bouts of diarrhea. So, first thing Monday morning I got out of bed and clock watched for the time the pediatricians office opened. 10:30 am appointment, so sense we live an hour out, I throw on some clothes, got her ready and headed to Austin. Sense she has a horrible diaper rash the last thing she wants to do is sit. So that trip to and from was a blast! She was screaming bloody murder the entire time. Broke my heart, that there was nothing I could for her.
So the doctor prescribed the following for Emma or any child with the Ritovirus: FYI- the pediatrician said 1 of 3 kids in their office right now has this virus...
- BRAT diet - ( Bananas, Rice, Apples and Toast); and other starchy foods
- Lactos Free whole milk
- Carnation Instant Breakfast - if she has not successully eaten durning the day
- Mixture of Butt Paste (she was very specific about the brands she named Dr. Smiths or Boudreaux's Butt Paste, Maalox (yea, I was like really??) and 1% hydrocortisone cream
- I mixed all this together which makes a nice cream - however does take a bit to blend I used a popsicle stick to mash the different textures together.
- Then loaded it up on Emma's hiney
The result, a much happier Emma emmerged. I feel like every mother with a child in a diaper should know about this mixture! It was amazing how quickly it worked! Thank you lord!