July 08, 2010

Quacks 43rd street backery - the promissed followup



As promised I went to Quacks! Yes, consider me a tiny bit impulsive... or maybe over the top, I don't care either way! I was in their neck of the woods so I figured I would drop in on my way home from volunteering last night.

Let me just say, I really had to breakdown my feelings about these cookies. They are shortbread cookies that are iced. As I am eating this cookie, I find myself asking questions, why is it not sweet? Why is it so salty. Do I really want to waste my calories on this? But I just kept on eating. I like it, but I am not crazy about it. AH! They are vegan.

Brian LOVED them! He ate TWO! They are not small cookies. I omitted the vegan information, because my husband has the pallet of a small child who only wants to eat hamburgers and french fries.

I did also sample the cupcake you see above, raspberry buttercream, delish! It hit the spot, it was so large I shared it with three friends. They have a huge variety of treats at the bakery, I predict I will be dropping in from time to time. I love Austin!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you went there to try it! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you didn't tell Brian they were vegan. HAHA. Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete