July 22, 2010

too much for eternity...

I was driving home from work this evening listening to the radio when I heard about the building of a Muslim Mosque where the World trade towers once stood larger than life in New York City. Immediately I thought, this is not a good idea. I am far separated from any one who lost a loved one in 9-11, and yet, when I heard this, as an American my heart cried for those who had lost a loved one in this travesty.

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2010/07/22/bloomberg-paladinos-opinion-on-ground-zero-mosque-doesnt-matter/

My personal opinion on this, is it is too much. Too bold, too extreme, too incomprehensible and will not help those heal who lost a loved one or a dear friend. I can not speak for those that lost someone, but I do not feel that this will break down barriers or build a bridge.

I am rarely speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment