April 13, 2010

April - Financial Literacy Month!

Ok, so to clarify my post yesterday... I received an email from a friend concerned about putting my bank information online. When I say I put my bank information online let me clarify, I mean only my transactions. NEVER under any circumstances place your personal information online, the rule to remember when it comes to the World Wide Web is, once it is up, it is FOREVER up! There is zero deletion. There are websites that have daily spidering, what this means is that they go out to the web and take a "picture" of every website they can find and document it in their library. Here is an example of this - http://www.archive.org/web/web.php go ahead and take a look!

Have you ever been curious about the history of a website? Granted, it does not catch all websites mainly high traffic sites, but it is good thing to remember!

So, the come back around to my point - no personal info ever!

Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment: