April 27, 2010

stunted growth, maybe too much coffee?



So it appears that Emma has stopped growing for the time being.... In fact it appears that her cloths are actually starting to get bigger! She is starting to slim down a bit which is nice, because that means she can wear her current cloths for a bit longer, YAY!

So in the mean time she is starting to need some more summery clothes. Rather than go out and spend money on clothes that I am afraid she will not fit into in two months, I pulled out some of her winter sweat pants and tops that are made out of lighter weight fabrics and started cutting! She had a couple of onzies that she has never worn so I cut the bottoms of and rounded the waistline on them and bonus, NEW t-shirts! Took her sweat pants and made some of them into capris and some of them into shorts. Capri's for those chili (ish) days that we occasionally experience.

I have been rather inspired to create new things out of old things sense my visit with Sarah and my aunt last week. Between the two of them they shared loads of sewing knowledge! It was great to see them! I have made two pillows, and two yoga mat bags. One of the yoga mat bags I tried to make reversible... it is best to say that didn't turn out so well.... oh, well try, and try again! At least I have discovered that I LOVE to sew! One of my future projects is making a new doggie bed for Tilly & Yahoo.


Here is my yoga mat bag that I made for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment