January 26, 2011

My favorite past time - SEWING!


Back in April, I went to spend some time with my Aunt Kay and my BFF Sarah so that they could teach me how to sew. I have had a sewing Machine since I was 21 and I have NEVER learned how to use it. I have used it a handful of times, but I have never actually figured it out. The few days I spent with my Aunt and the time I got to spend with Sarah was amazing! Between the both of them, I think I have got it figured out. I have been sewing almost non-stop sense I that week back in April. Almost a year ago! Any chance I get for some me time I spend it in front of the sewing machine. I have moved my sewing machine into the living room and it has become a fixture there, I don't really care that it might be an eye sore, I love having it so accessible! So, I have done so many projects that I can't even name them all.

I have mainly been focusing on the same project over and over again, it is what I have been calling a textured soccer ball. I have made it for the nieces in my family and a few coworkers have asked me if they could order them from me.... WHAT? You're kidding right? Nope, money in hand they wanted to order one from me. How exciting. I get to practice sewing and I am getting my supplies paid for. SWEET! I love it. So, here are come pictures of so of the projects that I have completed.

Here is a ball that was sewn for a friend of mine who is having a baby soon. Inside the ball is 4 jingle bells so that when the ball is bounced around it is a muted jingle sound. I love that it makes sound but does not kill your ears like some baby/toddler toys do.


This was Felice's birthday present. She LOVES it! It is a small makeup bag.



This is my current project: It is a big one, a purse from a pattern. The larger weekender tote I will sew after I complete the purse. Very exciting! My purse is almost complete, I am hoping I finish it this weekend! YAY!

2 comments: