May 19, 2010

Yummy CHICKEN MARSALA AND ROASTED REDSKIN POTATOES

So, last night my husband and I were having our typical drive home from work conversation. What are we going to eat for dinner? eh! We both hate it when we don't have anything planned for dinner. With an hour drive home the last thing we want to do is stop by the grocery store to pick something up to then get home and cook it. By the time all that is said and done it is 7:30 pm before we are eating! So, he recommend corn dogs.... ummm... my sweet husband often forgets that corn dogs and a lady trying to watch her weight do not mingle nicely together... So, I got the point, something quick and easy we can throw in the oven.

So, here I go on my journey to HEB along with half of the other town after work. need I say more.... I head straight to the frozen food section, I grab him his corn dogs... And I start looking for something healthy for Emma and myself. I saw an HEB coupon hanging on the freezer door of one of the cases... What is this?! Bertoli coupon? What does Bertoli have in this section? I love the Bertoli pasta, so I am intriqued! AH! Bertolia Chicken Marsala! WHAT! I love Chicken Marsala! Even better the coupon was for $2 off! SCORE! Just under $4 for a meal for the three of us! Awesome! I opened the packaged, tossed it in a 12 inch skillet on high heat for three minutes, then turned down to medium heat for seven minutes to finish. Could not be any easier. To make it even better it tasted aaaamazing! I have to say that next time, however I will be adding more chicken, that is my only compliant. The taste was wonderful! Brian even ate the veggies in it! Mushrooms! Brian and Emma accompanied it with cheesy bread and nuff' said! They were in heaven!

So, sense the coupon was so amazing, I grabbed about four other flavors of the Bertoli frozen ready made meals, we can't wait to try them out! Not a bad deal!

Bertoli has a large selection of ready to cook meals: check out their website Bertoli.com

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Sounds DELISH and if it is frozen I can make it just for me! Since my clan won't eat it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is delish, you are totally gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete